Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CC#3C Layering Stencil Texture Paste

Wow, here we are entering phase four of the CC#3Challenge: Layering Stencil
Texture Paste on page 49 of Tim's Book Curoisity of Compodiums #3. This books rock
so if you don't own it yet you can still purchase directly from Tim or Instant Emporium
or the lovely Funkie Junkie Boutique. The Funkie Junkie Boutique sponsors this
current challenge. All of the ladies on the CC Crew make great pieces for this
challenge as well.

Everyone rocked the last challenge with great diversified enteries. I wanted to do
something outside of the box that would give me some room to play and create.
I used a flat paint board I had on hand that measure 12 x 9 inches. I used Wendy
Vecchi's embossing paste on the background for texture. I used Tim Holtz Stencils,
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, a Variation of colored Sprays to acheive the
background effects. I used the following Distress Inks by Tim Holtz: Mustard
Seed, Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade, & Vintage Photo. I also used Distressed
Stains that were mixed into my embossing paste on the Sun Stencil, and Honeycomb
Stencil. I used Spiced Marmalade, & Wild Honey by Tim Holtz.  I also used
some Distress Crackle.

For my background I used Tattered Angel, Two by Recollections & Color Bloom
by Prima. I also used Two Adirondack sprays on the background.
I used layering Stencils effects, and Embossing Stencils effects. I used Sunflowers in the
background I had photographed over the previous summer. I cut them out to
add color. The flowers and bird in the background is from Tim Holtz Wallflowers
Papers. The little girl is from Found Relatives by Tim Holtz. The words that
create the verse in the Sun Rays are Tiny Text by Cosmo Cricket. The Butterflys
are rub ons from 7Gypsies. Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Melange.

To cover the images and background I used Wendy Vecchi's Translucent Embossing
Paste.

http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/06/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-4.html






















In the final note of this piece I had intended to add the word: Grateful, I embossed
each individual letter and used black archival ink to color over.



Thank you for taking a peek!
Happy Trails,

Jan




10 comments:

  1. Jan, this is AWESOME! I love how you laid down texture paste as a surface to work on. Your colors are beautiful and that sweet little girl is just another flower in the garden. Love it LOVE. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan this is a delightful collage of color, ideas, loves of life and fun... love it all... Great piece of art... Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent! Love the image of the girl, and the sentiments on the rays! Awesome texture too! Thanks so much for joining us on this texture challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! The depth is interesting. I love the sunflowers and the sun rays. They compliment one another. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan...I LOVE THIS!!! I love the bright colors, the design of your piece and how you've totally made it your own by adding the sentiment strips to the embossed rays, etc. The little found relatives girl is darling. Love the added wings behind her. She fits in so perfectly with the butterflies and birds! :) I love your honeycomb embossed area behind her as well. Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Lovely composition and colors - thanks for sharing it with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete