Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Village

Christmas Village

When Tim Holtz released his new die cuts the Village Collection from Sizzix.  I became very interested in making a tiny village for the Holidays. I had set aside my crafting for mixed media painting for awhile. When I started my village I realized I would need a thick card stock so I used the Farm House Christmas Mix and Match for my houses(http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/collections/christmas/products/mix-and-match-pad-farmhouse-christmas.) Tim has recently make a video on how to assemble the village houses on his blog if anyone is interested: http://timholtz.com/sizzix-village-collection/

I originally started with a piece of a pine round from our property but then it cracked so I later bought a round piece of wood with the bark intact from World Market. I sanded the top of it and then used Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylic Transparent Yellow Icon Oxide transparent paint. I later added over it Deco Art Media Crackle Glaze over the painted surface. I love working with these products!  I later took some white acrylic paint and gently wiped over the crackle to give some definition to the surface with a very soft cloth.

I later sprayed it with a clear sealer. I used two products for the snow. The small wooden fence I bought at Michael's also with the small animals on either side of the Village houses. The leaves are from Tim Holtz small dies and I used the Kraft Core papers that I sanded the surface on. The I scrunched them and put them in a little plastic baggie with different colored alcohol inks by Ranger/Tim Holtz product. Then took them out and let them dry. I later put the Deco Art Crackle on each of them with a small brush. I used Snow Tex for the snow, along with SnowFlake Paste on the fence by Finnabair.

The tiny house I hand painted with Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylic Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, and Quinacridone Gold. I then painted Deco Art Media Glaze over the Transparent Colors. I have entered this in the Deco Art Contest: http://decoart.com/mixedmediablog/article/162













 




Merry Christmas and Thanks for stopping by!!! Happy New Year to all.

Jan

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Jan! A great comment from Paula Cheney! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful... picket fence and all :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to rent these cabins for Christmas vacation. They look so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so gorgeous!!!! I LOVE it on the slab of wood, and each building is beautiful! I would want to live here if I were tiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan. Your little winter village is adorable! I love everything about this little setting! You've added alot of detail to the little cabins and I love the warm glow from the windows! Darling picket fence idea, too! Thanks for sharing this wonderful winter scene with us for the DecoArt Winter Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow loving your village centre piece Jan, so much detail to look at♡ so happy you joined in with us over at the DecoArt media challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning little village. Love all the details. Thanks for participating at the DecoArt Winter Wonderland Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute village!!! Love those dies!!! Thanks for creating for the DecoArt Winter Wonderland Challenge.

    ReplyDelete