Wednesday, February 26, 2014

For Vintage Stamping Challenge: Challenge #17 - It's A Man Thing'

Won Highly Desirable:
Vintage Stamping </p><p><br></p><p>For Vintage Stamping Challenge: Challenge #17 - It's A Man Thing.</p><p><br></p><p>It has been awhile since I posted but this piece is for:</p><p>For Vintage Stamping Challenge: Challenge #17 - It's A Man Thing.</p><p><br></p><p>I used a photo of my Great Grandfather. The stamp I used was from Tim Holtz Words:</p><p>Enjoy the Journey stamped on a Tim Holtz Ticket.</p><p><br></p><p class=









I had a small clipboard that I had collage in Seven Gypsie Paris paper.
I went around the edges of the clipboard with Black Soot Dabber.
I have a piece of Vintage Script Paper for the initial bottom layer.
This piece has altogether has four layers.

I used a piece of Marion Smiths Garment District paper for the bottom layer.
Then I took a piece of corragated cardboard and distressed it with Gesso
Along the edges.
I added a small playing card behind my Great Grandfathers Picture and distressed
The edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink pad.
I took a rub on to the left side of the picture and applied the look
Of stitching to the left.

The key is from Tim Holtz and reads, Dream
My Great Grandfathers photo is printed out on Matte Photo Paper.
I sewed the border around the picture in black thread.
The brad on the picture reads, Journey.
I distressed the clipboard clip in Alcohol Inks: SnowCap & Stream.
Then I added the crown also from Tim Holtz.
The metal flower I distressed with Alcohol Inks as well,
And turned up the edges. I added a small piece of jute string.
The ticket is from Tim Holtz, and the hat I cut out
From Marion Smith paper. There is also a small beige stitch
on the ticket.

I added a Tim Holtz tiny gear.
And jute ribbon across the bottom of the picture.
The four corners pieces are decorated from 7gypsies.
I distressed them with Gesso.
The number 5 clip is random.
I added a small time piece for the time period.
I also added a small rusted heart and safety pin to the piece for rustic affect.

Thank you for stopping by!
Enjoy the journey!

Jan

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning piece of artwork Jan and such a great idea drawing in the photo of your Great Grandfather.

    Thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete